EDI Odoo App is the short form for "Electronic Data Interchange" and is used to transfer business documents between individual companies in a standard format. The term Industry 4.0 now takes on an additional meaning with Electronic Data Interchange (EDI).
Thanks to EDI, paper-based documents such as purchase orders, delivery bills, invoices, etc. are no longer necessary. The EDI document replaces the paper document for you with a standardized electronic document that is used by the recipient and the sender. Thanks to the EDI Odoo App, information is exchanged securely and efficiently.
By automating transactions, you can save time and minimize costly errors in the future.
Today's EDI standards define the order of information in a document format. With this feature, data can be exchanged in the shortest possible time.
The most common formats are:
- Order - Purchase order (customers and suppliers)
- Despatch Notification - Shipping Notification (Delivery Note)
- Warehousing Outbound Instruction & Warehousing Outbound Notification - Delivery
- Warehousing Outbound Notification & Warehousing Inbound Notification - Inbound Delivery
- Warehousing Operations Instruction & Notification - Warehouse Management
- Logistic Inventory Report - Inventory, Stock
- Item Data Notification - Master Data (Product Base)
The following EDI Odoo base modules (apps) are available:
- Basic module for sending messages
- Basic module for receiving messages
Furthermore there are following additional EDI Odoo (Apps) for:
- sending/receiving messages via e-mail
- sending/receiving messages via the file system
- Asynchronous background processing
as well as operational EDI Odoo modules (Apps) for:
- Purchase processing
- Sales processing
- Alternative units in the operational processes
- Operational units in the operational processes
- Invoice processes
- Warehouse processes (warehouse inbound / warehouse outbound / warehouse operating instructions)
- Possibility to provide AS2 integration